ARES Corporation Hardware Engineer in Lompoc, California
ARES Corporation seeks an experienced candidate to support the operation, maintenance, and sustainment of the US Air Force's Launch and Service Contract (LISC). As part of this team, your work will directly support Vandenberg Air Force Base’s efforts to successfully launch rockets into space.
- Research, design, develop and modify information processing hardware, systems and/or electrical components. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis to provide appropriate solution.
- Conducts testing of existing products to diagnose malfunctions. Determines and implements appropriate improvements or modifications to produce desired results.
- Assists in planning and conducting technical projects or phases of projects as the technical liaison.
- Develops and recommends design approaches for products and/or processes.
- Coordinates the efforts of technical support personnel, drafters, technical writers and electronics technicians as appropriate.
- Evaluates design and test data; interfaces with technical support personnel, drafters, writers and engineering technicians as required and prepares technical specifications and reports.
- Analyzes, develops and recommends approaches to meet production requirements for new or improved products and/or processes.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills to test, identify, evaluate and summarize test results.
- Organizational and time management skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to work within time constraints.
- Ability to work independently but also with the team in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain up to DoD security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Naturalization.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Experience in designing and troubleshooting Servo Control Systems utilized in land-based instrumentation tracking mounts (Radar, Telemetry, and Optical).
- Analog and Digital servo control system experience.
- Experience with Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- RF design and troubleshooting experience.
- Network communications experience.
- Experience working with A.C. and D.C. power distribution systems and Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) desired.
In order to be selected for this position you must have:
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, software engineering or related field preferred
Five or more years of experience in software engineering or hardware development and/or design.
Experience working with Windows based computer systems and components.
Experience working with telecom and datacom protocols.
Experience working with electronic and communications test equipment.
Experience working with related test tools, including logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
Experience working with microprocessors.
Security Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
ARES is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.