Corning Incorporated Manufacturing Operations Shift Supervisor in Goleta, California
Manufacturing Operations Shift Supervisor
Date: Apr 19, 2018
Location: Goleta, CA, US, 93117
Req #: 23642
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise inspecialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation. We succeed through sustained investment in research & development, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. We are a four-time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to our technology leadership and R&D environment, which attract and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of talent has brought life-changing innovation to your fingertips for more than 160 years.
Scope of Position (i.e. projects involved with and role within group):
Lead an operations shift team to achieve safety, quality, and productivity performance in a semiconductor/MEMs operation.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Champion safety performance; Maintain and enforce all housekeeping and safety regulations
• Hold employees accountable for adherence to established procedures to achieve performance metrics; Ensure awareness and compliance to changes
• Meet production level and quality commitments through direction of employee efforts, planning, and organization of work flow; Maintain production priorities.
• Able to act and make decisions as issues arise during the production process
• Responsible for shift to shift handoff and transfer of detailed information regarding equipment and process status each day • Review performance with team members at regular intervals
• Conduct employee performance reviews and provide coaching as needed
• Coach teams and provide guidance to support team development
• Maintain employee skill level consistent with the prescribed standard operating procedures.
• Engage with engineers to train on process updates and communicate issues
• On a daily basis, ensure that employees provide concise and accurate documentation and communication of variances in process, procedures, or production priority, along with corrective action taken
• Ensure appropriate first level troubleshooting steps are taken based on process feedback, checklists, and evaluation of loss code data
• Ensure cooperation with Engineering in the implementation and evaluation of development experiments, as well as troubleshooting efforts
• Recommend improvements to process and/or equipment
• Maintain the systems and actions necessary to ensure compliance with department certification programs, quality System Audit Program, and ISO 9000 registration
• Resolve personnel issues at the first level whenever possible; Utilize the 4-step discipline process as appropriate
• Ensure maintenance of accurate records of employee overtime and attendance using the Kronos system
• Actively participate in the training of new employees, conduct refresher training with experienced employees, and review/maintain training materials
• Ensure the protection of Corning’s Intellectual Property
• Projects involved with Safety, Quality and Safety improvements, Lean manufacturing, Workforce development
Education and Experience (minimum required for consideration)
• Bachelors in Engineering, Material Science or Supply Chain.
• Experience in a production environment or supervision (2 year min)
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates MUST possess)
• Customer/Quality Focus
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Sound decision making and prioritization skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
• Demonstrated problem solving ability
• Solid computer skills
• Mechanical aptitude/equipment understanding
Desired Skills (These are skills that would be nice for candidates to possess)
• Prior experience in a team lead/supervisory role in a manufacturing environment or semi / MEMs factory or clean room operations experience
• ERP & MES experience
• Six Sigma Greenbelt certified
• Experience in semiconductor, MEMS processing, or electro-optical components manufacturing or engineering
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership)
• Cross-Cultural Agility
• Developing Direct Reports
• Influencing Leadership:
• Communicate and Engage
• Establish Direction and Create Commitment
• Leverage Talent
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Barbara
Nearest Secondary Market: Santa Maria